Thursday, October 08, 2009

Unemployment And Ben Chandler Updates, Nothing Either Way

Unemployment search News: Job search still going nowhere. Obviously I didn't get the job I interviewed for last week which I SO HOPED I'd get, haven't heard anything. It would have been a GREAT job. Even made all that I've gone through(and my family) worth it. Not for the likes of me I guess(sob).. Took an exam today for a Water Plant job in Danville...$8.50 hr., about half what i was making before, at twice the drive away(SIGH). If I was religious I'd say pray for me..but I'm not, so I'll say, think of me and wish me just a little bit of good luck(for a change). The last year has been the worst(by far) of my life. We lost Daisy, I got shingles & then Neuralgia, and to top it off lost my job of 23 years, and just can't seem to get another... Unemployed is horror, with humiliation and anger thrown in. What can I do, I keep plugging away and hoping, and hoping. I'm not a stupid guy there just seems to be no jobs for me. Dammit, make 55 the new retirement age. I'm even trapped with ads on my page(Geoff Davis, R, Never?) that never pay me anything.
Oooon a lighter note, I FINALLY got a new computer installed(just the processor), probably shouldn't have gotten it since I paid out of my dwindling 401k money. But I HAD to replace the antique.
OH, more news! I Finally got a reply from my congressman, "invisible" Ben Chandler. Well, it actually appears to be a "form" email that some underling there pasted my name at the top of. It has about 5-6 chapters and ends up taking NO stand on anything. Not my "public option" questions, my out of work questions, not my bailout funds questions...nothing..doesn't even address most of them. Oh, and my questions to him were perfectly somber and courteous, I even said I'd Blog his answers if he wanted. Nothing, nada, vanilla invisible...That's Ben..It's so NICE his wife got that new job with the state, funny how that works isn't it..?
Anyway here's invisible man's mail to me, the whole glorious, insipid, spineless drivel:

Dear Mr. Dean:
Thank you for contacting me about healthcare reform. Due to the enormous volume of phone calls, emails and letters on this subject, I am unable to respond to each individually. However, it is important that you know that your opinions have not gone unheard. I have been traveling throughout the district during the August recess and have been meeting with constituents of all ages and walks of life who have different viewpoints and concerns on this important issue. I have been listening to my constituents and having meaningful dialogue with people both for and against current proposals for healthcare reform. I review the comments from people who call and read the emails and letters you send me. These outlets continue to be a good way for me to be aware of your concerns.

There are many sides to the healthcare debate. While I have yet to vote on any such legislation in the House, I will continue to carefully review the legislation and get input from my constituents. It is important to me that any proposed legislation maintains and enhances quality health care for the people of Central Kentucky. It is also important that any reform proposal retains the benefits of our current system, supports rural healthcare, protects our small businesses, and continues to allow patients to keep their coverage and choose their doctors.

There is no question our healthcare system needs to be fixed-the cost of the system is already too high for our nation and our citizens to bear. Premiums have been skyrocketing for years, patients are having coverage denied once they get sick, and many folks are just one job loss away from losing coverage entirely.

There are no easy answers to America's healthcare problem. We need to find the balance between expanding coverage, securing consumer choice, maintaining quality care, and controlling costs. Thank you again for expressing your opinions about this very important issue.

Sincerely, Ben Chandler
Member of Congress


Oh, and he says he's been "traveling about the district". I keep up with the news fairly well, if "gentle Ben" has been appearing much at all around Central KY it's been a pretty big secret.

-

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

asp hit counter
hit counters