Monday, July 20, 2009

Herrington Lake | It Ain't What It Used To Be

Before I get me some Intranet news, just a quick entry on our latest Herrington Lake trip.

The Herrington Lake of old is no longer there.
We've been renting a cottage w/boat on Gwinn Island there for a few years now. Usually for 3 nights in the the Summer time. Alas...I think it's time to find a different lake.
Every year the cottages get more ragged and decrepit, every year the fishing gets a little worse and the fishing is the most important reason I'm there. Every year service is poorer and cost is more.
We still had a pretty good time. Even with sudden cloudburst storms and boat mechanical problems that drove me crazy. The stay there is not worth the problems anymore unfortunately. It's just gone so far downhill it seems.
My short take on today's Herrington Lake: Your money will be better spent elsewhere.
Here's a few pics from the trip:














-Cottage sweet cottage-




















-Concentration-















-Look fishy? It's not-















-"anchored" fishing-

With everything going on I didn't even get to take a lot of pics.

You know, I'm thinking maybe Taylorsville lake for next Summer's lake trip. A little farther but a lot newer....

Anyway, 'Night all. Happy Apollo Anniversary. It's still an amazing feat.
I'm gonna read me some news and then go watch some Olbermann.

OH, I also had a job INTERVIEW today(YAY me)!

-

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

asp hit counter
hit counters