Sunday, July 11, 2010

World of Warcraft/Blizzard's "Customer Support" Sucks!

Hereafter, the Blizzard "customer support" shall be in quotations. I'm sure there's thousands of Blog posts like this(heck, here's one).
We all know it's important to vent, so here goes. It's been nearly a week since my My World of Warcraft account was hacked and I can't get into my account and all characters deleted. I spent five minutes trying to come up with a clever twist of phrase for this Blizzard "customer service Sucks" post. It took me that long to realize that the title itself is the clever joke. This past week I've sent at least seven emails to their "customer support"(no caps). Not. One.Reply....their "customer support" phone line tells me that, "unfortunately the wait time is to long for us to help you, so kindly f*ck off"...
The ONE time I finally talked to someone, ANYONE was by phone; "Trevor" by name. I had to stay on hold for 1 hour(toll free at least). I told my wife if the house had caught fire I'd probably hold onto that phone, Trevor says he'll send me an email(he does) with his email addy on it, "if I still need more help". Trevor says I'll automatically be back up and running in a few days and, since I mentioned that Blizzard's "support" web site wouldn't let me change my email, he'd go ahead and do that now.
That was Friday, I gave him the wrong email or he wrote it down wrong. NOW I can't even log into my account online or in game(for those without WoW problems that's where i go into the game as a new character, contact "customer support" "in game" and wait for a "Game Master", who never shows up).
Being the weekend now, I'm sure "Trevor" is sitting on his deck sipping a cafe latte. While I continue to do what I've been doing for a WEEK. While I spend hours hitting redial on the Blizzard "customer support" phone number, then hold my finger dis-connect for when the "customer support" voice says go away. cruising through different Blizzard "customer support" websites sending pleading emails which have NEVER been answered.
I've never seen anything like this. A company who has millions of users, but who can ignore them and/or tell them to f*ck off when they have a game crash. It's...Hold On time to hit re-dial on the phone again....there, I'll just get told to go away again and...HOLY CRAP, looks like I'm being accepted...my "wait time" will be "42 minutes"). More later surfers. HAVE to hold for this call! What'll happen now? Will they make it even worse,aaand how will they do it. It might even be "Trevor" again!
If you're looking for an online MMORPG(oh, come on, you know what that is!) with decent Customer Support, seriously don't pick Blizzard. That is all....
Will try and edit this later.

P.S. This is time I could be job searching. I've only managed about 3 resumes in the last week. Instead I'm ignored and on eternal holds at Blizzrd "customer support".

Update: Sunday night; Well at least they've got me to where I can now log in the game and on my account. Still no characters though but I can now log on.
I'd love to edit this down, instead I'm going to go read some news.
Very sleepy, this late night job I'm working while I look for a "good job" is kickin' my arse. I'm still looking for an "office job" employers, have keyboard, will travel...some anyway.

-

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:12 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

Hey! thanks for sharing
I liked your point of view of customer care services

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been playing WoW on and off for about 5+ years I was hacked and trying to jump through all the stupid hoops for recovering my account. (Driver License and all the stupid forms) They now want you to print out forms and scan them then upload as if thats not bad enough most scanners scan to a pdf or tiff format witch blizzard does not allow to be uploaded!?!?!?!?! So now you have to go a few steps further and try to convert your doc to an acceptable format. I've been fighting with them for days and have come to the point where I don't even want to pay them another dime. Their customer service is non-existant. Your stuck dealing with GM's that don't give 2 cents about your issues. They don't care if you leave the game. They actually encourge it so they have 1 less person to support. Thats the vibe I got when I said I would be cancelling my & my sons account. Their response was "Make sure you log into the other account to cancel it"

I am very very disappointed and will be blasting my experience all over the net to anyone that will listen. They truely believe they can treat people however they want.

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been playing WoW on and off for about 5+ years I was hacked and trying to jump through all the stupid hoops for recovering my account. (Driver License and all the stupid forms) They now want you to print out forms and scan them then upload as if thats not bad enough most scanners scan to a pdf or tiff format witch blizzard does not allow to be uploaded!?!?!?!?! So now you have to go a few steps further and try to convert your doc to an acceptable format. I've been fighting with them for days and have come to the point where I don't even want to pay them another dime. Their customer service is non-existant. Your stuck dealing with GM's that don't give 2 cents about your issues. They don't care if you leave the game. They actually encourge it so they have 1 less person to support. Thats the vibe I got when I said I would be cancelling my & my sons account. Their response was "Make sure you log into the other account to cancel it"

I am very very disappointed and will be blasting my experience all over the net to anyone that will listen. They truely believe they can treat people however they want.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

asp hit counter
hit counters