Sunday, October 11, 2009

He's Back...Out of the Mountains..With Pics! Clay County, South Fork KY River

Helloooo Blog! I'm back from the "Mountains"!
Blogger is STILL not letting me use labels! I've tried to add more to the Post titles. That may at least help me find them when/if I need to search. Is there a good alternative to Blogger that I could switch over to?
The fall foliage wasn't as good yet as I hoped it would be. Give it another week before that scenic autumn drive in the mountains. I still took a lot of pics, as always. A few are posted below. It's always nice to get home just to be able to see the photos on the p.c. monitor and not just that little camera screen. Anyway, a few sample shots:

South Fork KY River, Clay County - Small Mouth bass heaven:


South Fork, looking upstream(yes, that's "kudzu" at the bottom of the pic):


And a few closeups:




A few of the dumbest things I saw all weekend came from the editers of The Manchester Enterprise. I read the paper version while at my sister's house but they have an online presense, enjoy: I swear it's the cable Fox News of local papers. One story involved a headline of "Manchester Going Green, 50 Jobs Coming to Clay". Reading further you find out that it's a company which "may be" coming to Manchester and which manufactures "fuel cubes" from trash, plastics & tires and are used as an additional fuel to burn with "dirty coal". REALLY sounds "green" doesn't it.
Another winner(I couldn't find it online) of journamalistic accords was a photo of a fat cop cutting a few scrawny looking pot plants, with what I swear looked like a pair of scissors. They were maybe 4 feet tall. The photo's label stated that it was officer "so & so" who was cutting marijuana plants turned in by an "anonymous" source. The kicker of course was the information that there was a total of 4 of these anemic looking little plants and the police wizards had placed their "street value" at $100,000.00! Yes, I reread it 3-4 times to be sure. They were saying each of the little pot plants were worth $25,000.00 on the street! BWAHAHAHAHA!

-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

asp hit counter
hit counters