Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ted Kennedy Services | Some Great Oratory, And Other Moments

Whew! I'm back. It's been a few days. Let me dust out some of the cobwebs here...there, we go. Good as new.
If you're like me; A political junkie, history nerd(talk nerdy to me), good speech lover and especially a proud Democrat(as was Ted). Ted Kennedy's passing has provided quite a bit of it all. And I believe he would have LOVED it all.
I watched a good part of the services last night and most of the funeral this morning. I've embedded a few of my favorite speakers below, most from last night but also Obama's eulogy from today. This isn't all though follow the link. Last night alone was a cornocopia. Even Orrin Hatch had a nice speech.

Chris Dodd is one of my favorites. Maybe because it sounds like he and Ted were really old close friends:


Mass. Governor Deval Patrick did well and it was the first time I've seen him speak:

Former Senator John Culver of Iowa who was a classmate and friend of Kennedy told a wonderfully funny, and touching story from their days at school:

Finally, with today's eulogy is President Barack Obama. Done(as always) really well:


My least favorite speech was John McCain's. He did passibly well but then blatently snubbed Vicki Kennedy at the end of his speech(Boo!).

Three former Presidents, the eulogy by the current President, former and present vice-Presidents, the cream of the crop(depending on how you look at it) in today's American political scene. What a funeral! Way to go Ted!

Even dubya behaved himself.

-

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

asp hit counter
hit counters