Friday, February 20, 2009

I've Joined The Ranks Of The Unemployed

"It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job, it's a depression when you lose yours."

Add another name to the ranks of the Bush economic legacy. I received my unemployment notice this morning....














Photo: here

Still a bit stunned but other that that okay. I worked for this company for, well let's see, TWENTY TWO years this past November. A loooong time. I've went through a LOT of phases, history and memories during that time.
I'm not sure what to say right now but I am sure this won't be my final post on the subject and on my sudden search for employment. Anyone out there, especially in the Central Ky. area needing a right-hand man or trusted aide, I'm your man. Where does someone my age find a job in this economy that pays what I made at this one. It would probably take two of the jobs in a dubya economy.
I don't think it would do me a lot of good or I'd put up a Paypal link and cravenly solicite funding. I don't think my readership is anywhere near large enough and even loyal enough for that. I actually may go to some "adsense" ads, and I hope people are understanding if I do. I used to find that a bit demeaning, but then I used to have a steady job and regular income.
Hopefully this will be short lived and something decent will come out of this. I tend to be an optimist, can you tell?
I just wanted to make note of my joining the Bush economic destruction. Probably more on it later.

-

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger judith bussey said...

An interesting site--I'll visit again soon.....I worry about the economy and joblessness too.I recently retired, but teach some adjunct classes for extra income.

I write more about my personal EKY history, but you've made me consider what's happening in the present.
My site is www.appalachianroots.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

asp hit counter
hit counters