Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Watch | From Work

Huge crowds in Washington for Barack Obama's inauguration. Me, I'll have to watch it here at work during lunch. It's a wonderful feeling, but also very scary. I "hope" he can dig us out of the dubya hole.
There's so many horrific problems facing my country and the world. And I the fear that Obama will follow that middle of the road, go along to get along route that he won't be near what we need.
Meanwhile the corporate media's giddy. We'll see how long that lasts. I'm assuming that it'll last till, and if, Barack starts stepping on some corporate toes for the poor, the middle class, the environment, taxes, and all the other political corporate no-no's.
It's going to be interesting to watch, and for Barack, his beautiful family, and the world I wish him the best.
Meanwhile here's Keith Olbermann with 8 years of dubya, in 8 minutes:



On a somewhat related note I watched a bit of "Meet the Tool", with Karl Rove's dance partner David Gregory a few days ago. He was grilling Rahm Emanuel for being obviously not bi-partisan enough for the current political climate(meaning Democrats in charge) with this Cheney-esk sneer on his face. I stayed on the channel for maybe 5 minutes till I couldn't take the snide gotcha of Gregory. I'm not a fan of Emanuel, but I'm also one of those who knew that as soon as Democrats were back in the White House that hard questions would return, and the gloves would come back off of our corporate media. That's certainly not a bad thing per se, but it's pretty much been missing for eight years and David Gregory is one of the poster boys for that.
What. A. Tool.

-

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

asp hit counter
hit counters