Saturday, December 27, 2008

Strange Videos Review | "The Host"

Just a movie moment. I started watching a DVD of the movie, "The Host". It's a Korean film, and it had two or three big reviews on my library's front cover. Things like "On a par with Jaws". Anyway it was in the stack so I tried it last night.


The most bizarre video I've watched lately, and that includes Cloverfield. The concept's been done before, toxic chemicals create a monster in a body of water. Their monster is good, very good, certainly repulsive and big enough. But the script and dialogue is right up there with a dozen Godzilla movies. Also the copy I watched is an English version so it had inserted English audio in as the voices and I was also using English subtitles. Most of the time the voices were saying completely different things than were shown in the subtitles. Pretty good plot but with enough bizarre twists to make me go, "What the hell's going on now!". 2-1/2 on my 5 scale and that's for the monster and the affects.

-

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

asp hit counter
hit counters