Friday, May 30, 2008

OoTM Book Club | Cauldron, and A Thousand Splendid Suns

It's been tough to get a few moments to attend the Blog in the last few days. Before I get away and do something else I'll throw up a few things. I haven't mentioned anything I've been reading for a while. I'm always reading assorted magazines, and I also tend to go through a couple of books a month. I just finished two. No I'm not going to give you a LONG review of them. I'll give you my quick take on them, my rating and point you to a good review I agree with:

The first is Jack McDevitt's "Cauldron",

Oh, Snap..It's a Space opera type Science Fiction. Sixth in a series apparently and I hadn't read the others. I give it a 3 on my five scale. The action scenes were fine. It just took to long to get to them and they were to short. I had a few other problems with it but overall it was certainly worth the read.






The SciFi Weekly Book Review for "Cauldron".


The second book is Khaled Hosseini's "A Thousand Splendid Suns":

Really nothing to complain about here. An excellent read. If you liked his previous book "The Kite Runner" you'll certainly love this one and if you didn't you'll probably still like it. You follow two lives through nearly the last thirty years of afghanistan's history. Painful at times but you'll be glad you read it and won't want to put it down till done. My rating, 4 out of 5.






The New York Times Review, "A Thousand Splendid Suns".

-

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

asp hit counter
hit counters