Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Office Depot | Corporate Jerks Of The Month

Seeing as how there should be an award for a National Corporate Jerk of the Month. Office Depot is my worthy candidate for March.

My daughter bought what turned out to be a Toshiba lemon for her school work from Office Depot last week. She had some problems with it, and within 3 days after she bought it(Friday) it crashed. I drove her to the new Office Depot in Nicholasville Kentucky where she'd bought it to exchange it for another.

The VERY unfriendly/unsympathetic manager there(Shawna) told us we'd have to take it to a Lexington store(15 miles away) to exchange it because they were out of them there. We were't happy but we went to the Lexington store. When we got there the EVEN MORE UN-NICE manager M. Boyd told us, "they'd just sold their last two Toshiba's" of that model that morning.

Condensing this corporate victim nightmare as much as possible: After "manager" Boyd told us he "didn't give a damn"(yes that's a quote), he told us they did have some in stock in Frankfort and Winchester. I being completely stunned at this treatment told him I was not driving anymore, that they would just have to order us another, or whatever they had to do.

During this crap they put us through there was NEVER a word of sympathy or apology from these corporate geeks. We went home shocked and amazed, but on the way we talked it over and both my daughter and I agreed that there was no way we'd do business with a company of this rudeness. Both managers attitude's we dealt with were a combination of indifference and surly rudeness. Office Depot policy? I don't know.

We went to pick the replacement up at the Nicholasville store yesterday and both told the manager that Mechelle just wanted her money back. I'm not a big Circuit City fan but they have a nice sale going on and she's going there this afternoon.

Office Depot: Corporate Jerk Store of the Month.

-

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger Si Levine said...

wtf the people that work in the store cant be corporate jerk's only the people at the corporate office in boca can be corporate jerks.

@ least you didnt have to pay a restocking fee...

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Dean said...

wtf the people that work in the store cant be corporate jerk's

I disagree. From my bad experience with them they were the peak of jerkitude all the way down the chain.

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

did not say you did not have a bad experience.. not saying that the store employees are not jerks...but they can not be corporate jerks.... they could only be retail jerks, register jockey jerks, instore jerks,

so as i was saying again they are not corporate jerks and it is an insult to us retail jerks every where when compared to corporate anythings....

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Dean said...

So you're saying that, even though they work for a corporation, and they're jerks, they cannot be corporate jerks? They're to far down on the corporate jerk food chain I assume?
I get your point, but then again I didn't just deal with the Office "Dicks" Depot cashiers, sales clerks, etc. I also went through 2 store managers and 2 or 3 "customer Service (BWAHAHAHA!) Reps".
So seeing your point(but not completely agreeing) I'll compromise with you on the labels(to a point) and say that the lower eschelons at Office "Dicks" Depot are just "corporate jerks in training". Hoping to work their way up the corporate jerk ladder. How's that? And I'll still call the upper level assholes I had to deal with "corporate jerks". Agreed?

 
At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK OK ... BUT VERY FEW OF US IN THE STORE WANT TO MOVE TO CORPORATE....

AND I AM SORRY THAT YOU HAD SHIT SERVICE....

THAT WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT MY STORE.....

NOW THIS IS NOT AN excuse FOR THE WAY YOU WHERE TREATED but the moral at the store leveal is at an all time low because of the corporate jerks that we work for..... and some people take out their feelings on customers because of the way we get treated by or corporate jerks...

this is wrong and i feel that if they cant treat the customers right then they should find a new job.. because in the end we only have jobs to offer serives to to customers......

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Dean said...

Okay we've both had our say.
With my experiences with Office Depot it doesn't bother me in the least to find out that "morale is at an all time low".
No offense to you but I'll drive(and have done so since) 20 miles out of my way to buy somewthing I could get 2 miles away at the local Home "jerks" Depot.
'nuff said.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Dean said...

Another thing and I'll move on. I think the "corporate jerks" believe they can do QUITE well without my business(and actually they will). Which is what led to their attitudes to my trying to return the defective laptop we bought. On the one hand they're right, they don't need my business. Their customer service is a joke, I'm sure from the assumption(correctly) that they don't need my little business. On the other hand I live in a small town where this new store has just been built and I have friends and family in this town. I also work in a nearby city with 2 better and nicer office supply places within a few blocks. SURPRISE(!) Office Depot jerks I don't need you either.
If I need something here through the week I pick it up at lunch. If I need something on the weekend I drive to the city(and have done so). F**k Office Depot I need them less than they need me. That is all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

asp hit counter
hit counters