Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Leaving the Republicans

John Cole explains why he's left the Republican party(the party's over?).

--
This Is No Fun
By: John Cole

..."I don’t know when things went south with this party (literally and figuratively- and I am sure commenters here will tell me the party has always
been this bad- I disagree with that, and so do others), but for me, Terri Schiavo was the real eye-opener. Sure, the Prescription Drug Plan was hideous and still gets my blood pressure pumping, and the
awful bankruptcy bill was equally bad, and there were other things that should have clued me in, but really, it was Schiavo that made me realize this party was not as advertized. And it is frustrating as hell..."

"...but I don’t know how else to respond when people call decent men like Jim Webb a pervert for no other reason than to win an election. I don’t know how to deal with people who think savaging a man with Parkinson’s for electoral gain is appropriate election-year discourse. I don’t know how to react to people who think that calling anyone who disagrees with them on Iraq a “terrorist-enabler” than to swing back. I don’t know how to react to people who think that media reports of party hacks in the administration overruling scientists on issues like global warming, endangered species, intelligent design, prescription drugs, etc., are signs of… liberal media bias..."

Continuehere:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

asp hit counter
hit counters