Friday, November 18, 2005

Kentucky Theater and Hootie

Saw Hootie and the Blowfish at the Kentucky Theater last night. The Kentucky
Theater is the old Theater in downtown Lexington KY. Great place for a concert! Small, seats maybe 1,500~2,000. I've liked H&tBF since their first(I think)cd, "Cracked Rear View". I haven't bought any of their music since but Ellen
bought me their latest, "Looking for Lucky" a few months ago and I've been
listening to it fairly often. A few weeks ago I saw they were coming to
the Kentucky. I had to put the tickets on a credit card for the four of us but
hey it's Hootie at the Kentucky! Can't be to bad so I shelled out the bucks.
My opinions- the cd's good i'll give it a 3-1/2(= good)on my 5 scale, the show
was excellent Just REALLY LOUD!
A good opening by Patrick Davis
Ellen bought Brittany one of his cds and he signed it for her.
Great show! They cranked up the volume for Hootie's act, I think my
hearing is still off and it's not that good to begin with. One of
the best things was watching people going from fairly straight
during the opening act and with each beer getting wilder
and wilder. Dancing in the aisles, screaming, the couple right in
front of us towards the end of the show were dancing and feeling each
other up with my daughters right behind them. One guy was just
strolling down the aisle at first getting he and his buds beers by
the end he was dancing up it then dancing back down.
Anyway good show good band, very tight.

"..saw another fella talking on the TV show
trying to tell me how to live, and just how I should vote
says he believes in the sanctity of life,100,000 died
tell me are you sanctified
we're all looking for redemption
but is it for our souls
you without sin, pickup that stone
you without sin, pickup that stone
he's turning it over,to the other side
turning it over because he can't hide..."
--The Killing Stone, (from Looking For Lucky)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

asp hit counter
hit counters