Friday, February 04, 2011

Waste - The Food We Throw Away

A shot of my work area on a recent morning with the out dated foods that I'll scan out of the system and throw in the store's garbage dumpster at the end of my shift in the chef shop. When I open the door on that dumpster there's often assorted piles of food(and everything in between) already there.



















Starting at lower left and going clockwise; mesquite chicken, various panninis, trail slaw(good stuff), French marinated carrots, and in the center, broccoli salad. The cart to the right has various prepack containers which contain salads, hot browns and assorted others foods. The waste of foods, plastics, metals and everything else thrown away every day in(just this one large store) bothers me. But it's my "work" now...

-

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

asp hit counter
hit counters