Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Astronomy Pic of the Day | Dust Clouds In Orion

And news of a job!
Logging on for just a moment.
I've been working a full time job. It's just office work, etc. at the local senior citizen's center, but it is full time so I'm now there a lot. My sparse posting lately may be even sparser at times now. This job will do while I continue to look for that good "dream" job:-) I've also been seriously looking into getting a Realtor's license while I look for the dream job. This day and time dream jobs are like lottery winners, few and far between.
Anyhoo I'll be on as much as I can, will keep up with the news and you do the same. It's ALMOST time for March Madness!
And how 'bout my sen. Jim Bunning(R, Asshat)? What a Dickcard, 'ey?

Here's my astronomy pic o' the day:


"..The same type of scattering that colors the daytime sky further enhances the blue color. M78 is about five light-years across and visible through a small telescope. M78 appears above only as it was 1600 years ago, however, because that is how long it takes light to go from there to here. M78 belongs to the larger Orion Molecular Cloud Complex that contains the Great Nebula in Orion and the Horsehead Nebula."

-

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Trojin said...

Gorgeous image.. Did you take that yourself? 0.o Oh my.. Amazing.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Dean said...

Aaah...No. I wish I'd taken it. It's a NASA image I believe. Just follow the link for source.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Trojin said...

Ah. I see. But I never would have seen it if you hadn't posted it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

asp hit counter
hit counters