Friday, December 05, 2008

Dusty Old Journals

Just got online for an hour or so. Before I go into the "Internet tubes" here's and excerpt from one of my old journals. A piece between some poems, no title, no date(had to have been pre-1980). I'll call it, "Dreams or Memories":

"Sometimes at night I see a castle. Pennants flying, gay colours, like one of those old landscapes inside a bubble. I don't think I'll ever know what is happening there. Maybe the memories from an earlier life.
There are people moving around, on foot and on horseback. A desperate sense of urgency. A celebration, or a war.
Perhaps both.
Just a disjointed memory? Berlin during the war, the fall of
Atlanta. A kaleidoscope, people laughing and crying, pain and
happiness. Scattered thoughts and unconnected events.
Coming out of a tent at wounded knee to meet death, and the
horse soldiers. It may be better not trying to understand.."
-RDean, circa'79


-

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

asp hit counter
hit counters