Monday, June 23, 2008

R.I.P. George Carlin

I remember watching George Carlin on the Tonight Show, so long ago that Johny Carson was still hosting. I remember the "Hippy Dippy Weatherman" routine and the "seven things you can't say on tv". I remember his hosting of the very FIRST Saturday Night Live waaay back in the mid-seventies. My condolences to the Carlin family. Damn I'm gonna miss this guy. I hope he's young again somewhere and giving the bosses "hell". What kind of universe is it that would only give GEORGE CARLIN one shot at it? It's a far emptier and less funny place here now he's gone from it. Bye George.













The seven things you can't say on tv(No it's NOT worksafe):


Thanks to Barry Crimmins where I stole them here's a few more reasons why George Carlin was one of the funniest Mofos to take the stage EVER. Not only that but while you were laughing he was making you think about things in a completely different perspective.
This one's about the "owners":


This one is Religion:


"I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death."
-George Carlin

Go read the quotes they're laugh out loud.

-

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

asp hit counter
hit counters