Wednesday, February 27, 2008

R.I.P. | William F. Buckley

I just learned from Jane at Firedoglake that William F. Buckley has passed away. I'm old enough(for sure) to remember Mister Buckley fairly well. I wasn't political enough in the days of his greatest fame to realize my major differences with him. It was glaringly obvious that he was a man of great intellect and curiousity, with impeccable manners. Other sites will do a much better job of paying homage to the man.
Here he is with an interview/debate with Noam Chomsky in 1969, which frighteningly is VERY relevent today:


"Why William F. Buckley Was My Role Model"
-By Rick Perlstein

Update: On the other hand-even with the nostalgia, and manners, and historical blinders aside Buckley was still a conservative's conservative, so I also tend to agree with Tristero.

-

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

asp hit counter
hit counters