Friday, October 19, 2007

Blog Recommends - Army of Dude

Army of Dude has become a great place to check every few days to see if he has a new post up. The one I linked to earlier was his response to drug addict Rush Limbaugh calling veteran's opposed to the Iraq war "phony soldiers". In the latest he talks about being home for a while recuperating and those experiences:

--

"..After a month I'm still not quite comfortable with being in small, crowded and loud places like bars. My senses are more refined now. I'm a more attentive driver and I can see and hear things a lot differently. A club with a thousand different conversations used to be collective noise. Now I hear an endless amount of distinct voices and every note coming from the DJ. I'm agitated by people coming too close or brushing up against me like never before. I don't jump, twitch or moan when I hear an expected loud noise. You know the feeling you get when you narrowly avoid a car crash? That's what I get. I'm perfectly fine at first glance, but the blood drains from my face and my scalp tingles. I may or may not break into a sweat at this point. I don't recall many dreams while I was in Iraq, but now they flood my subconscious. In one I'm riding in a bus and hanging out the window. Another bus in the opposite lane passes by, and Jesse Williams is waving to me from inside. I wave back. Another has me on a routine patrol when I find half a body on the side of the road. It's Chevy. His face is twisted but recognizable. His lower half is gone, despite his body being intact when he died.."

-

In another post He hits el Rushbo again.

-

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

asp hit counter
hit counters