Tuesday, July 31, 2007

RIP Tom Snyder

Of the noteworthy figures who passed yesterday I was far more familiar with Tom Snyder. I came of age when his talk show was at it's zenith and he introduced me and most of the world to the late-late night interview. With his omni-present cigarette and brash dimeaner you never knew what you'd get on a particular show. His show was a big part of my early political and social awakenings. I probably wouldn't enjoy his show today(I watch very few talk shows) but back then he was strikingly cutting edge, and I was young, and those are nearly always good companions. Bye Tom, it was good to know ye.










"I have never fallen in love with my own voice, but I've always had an attraction for it."
-Tom Snyder

-

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

asp hit counter
hit counters