Thursday, June 21, 2007

What Will We Talk About Today?

From Gorilla's Guides and Crooks and Liars comes another version of Iraqi grief and what our neo-cons have brought to a country. My own pansied version Mitch McConnell should listen but I'm sure he can't hear.
--



















What will we talk about today you and I?

..When I heard the bomb explode last Saturday the first thing I did was telephone my father. But there was no reply. Again and again and again I tried to phone him. My fingers hurt I stabbed them onto the buttons on my phone so hard. I fell onto the floor and prayed please let him not be dead. Please let it be that he died quick if he is dead.

And my heart was sick inside me.

What will we talk about today you and I? I do not want to talk about last Saturday. Shall we talk about peace? I would like to talk about peace. I love the word. No, perhaps we are not ready to talk of peace yet you and I, we are not at peace, we are not even at truce..
More.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

asp hit counter
hit counters