Thursday, June 29, 2006

No Medicinal Marijuana Nor Sympathy from Congress

Once again these people prove the absolute lack of compassion and complete depth of ignorance they wallow in. It often makes me hope that they or a loved one goes through the same pain and desperation the terminally ill have to go through and see how they feel then about Medicinal Marijuana.

--------------------------------
"If I am terminally ill, it is not anybody's business on this floor how I handle the pain or the illness or the sickness associated with that illness. With all due respect to all of you, butt out. I did not enter this world with the permission of the Justice Department, and I am certainly not going to depart it by seeking their permission or that of any other authority. The Congress has no business telling people that they cannot manage their illness or their pain any way they need to. I would trust any doctor in the country before I trust some of the daffy ducks in this institution to decide what I am supposed to do if I am terminally ill... When is this Congress going to recognize that individuals in their private lives have a right
to manage their problems as they see fit without the permission of the big guy in the White House or the big guy in the Justice Department or any of the Lilliputians on this Congressional floor? Wake up!"
--David Obey (D-WI)

My letter to my "Representative" Ben Chandler, "Mister No Compassion" obviously:

Sir
As my representative I cannot believe that you voted against Hinchey-Rohrabacher Amendment that would protect patients many terminally ill against the assault by the Federal government against Medicinal Marijuana.
I'll be looking very closely at your opponent in the next election. Maybe he/she will be a more compassionate in their dealing with people under the boot of neo-fascists. Maybe you feel you have the next election locked up. Personally I'll be waiting to see who your opponent is.
Sincerely

------------
The ignorance and lack of compassion is astounding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

asp hit counter
hit counters