Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Liar, the Fall of Yugoslav Army

Something from BoingBoing and Jasmina Tesanovic
---
Scorpions Trial
Jasmina Tesanovic,
Belgrade
The Liar, the Fall of Yugoslav Army
March 14, 2006
...

"I am going to pronounce something that I may regret for the rest of my life -- is there is any left after this -- but if I knew all this would have happened, I would have preferred to stay there in that meadow together with the victims."

"Mothers, you whose children were killed in cold blood, you should know that they never did anything to provoke or deserve their death: they had no uniforms and they were just kids. They were killed because we got that order, and because they were Muslims."
--The only indicted Scorpion who shows some humanity. in his tremulous voice and red sweater, the "coward" who didn’t dare to shoot.

---
"A young woman tortured in the Second World War by the Gestapo, because she was a Communist, sent word to her comrades before she was arrested: scramble all of you. I will say anything when they torture me. I cannot stand the pain...but instead she simply died in silence."
--Jasmina Tesanovic
Also
Srebrenica

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

asp hit counter
hit counters