Monday, March 06, 2006

Academy Awards

I watched pretty much the whole Academy Awards last night. Not (IMO) nearly
as long-winded and boring as many of the previous shows. I haven't seen nearly half of the nominated films and I'm not sure if that added to my enjoyment of the show or whether it was a distraction. Anyway, as far as Academy Awards shows go I'll give it a 4 on my 5 scale of excellence. And no I haven't seen "Brokeback Mountain"(yet).



Clooney wins best supporting actor:
"And finally, I would say that, you know, we are a little bit out of touch in Hollywood
every once in a while. I think it's probably a good thing. We're the ones who talk about
AIDS when it was just being whispered, and we talked about civil rights when it wasn't
really popular. And we, you know, we bring up subjects. This Academy, this group of
people gave Hattie McDaniel an Oscar in 1939 when blacks were still sitting in the
backs of theaters. I'm proud to be a part of this Academy. Proud to be part of this
community, and proud to be out of touch."
--George Clooney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

asp hit counter
hit counters